It’s that time again. You know….the time when you get back on track after a great holiday season. Time to put away the decorations and throw out those left-over treats. Time to make YOU a priority and get back to healthy eating and healthy living again. Here are some easy steps to getting back on track:
- Don’t beat yourself up about the things you did “wrong” over the holidays. Let it go and look toward the future. NEW DAY, NEW START! You can’t change the past and if you did overindulge-which most of us did-you have a great GOLO plan to help you get focused and back on track again.
- Drink lots of water. Water helps to flush out excess sodium, gets rid of bloating and rehydrates after partaking in too much spiked eggnog or vino. Also, if you are dehydrated, you will often feel fatigued and you might feel hungry as your body may think it needs food when it actually needs water. Water is such an important component to a healthy body-don’t skip this one!!!
- Be sure to eat a healthy breakfast that first day back. A GOLO breakfast is great because it is perfectly balanced – your body will appreciate it. By making a healthy choice first thing, it will be easier to make healthy choices for the rest of the day.
- Review your goals or create new ones. Think about WHY you want to be healthy and how you will feel and look once you reach your goals. This will get your mind focused and moving in a healthy direction once again.
- Plan and cook ahead. This is the GOLO way for a reason. If you have healthy options available and already prepared, it is so much easier to stay on track. Make some GOLO SuperFuel or use your crock pot to create easy meals. And, always have water and healthy snacks with you so that you are less tempted to choose something unhealthy.
- Dump the unhealthy food. If you have extra goodies around the house leftover from the holidays, get rid of it. Don’t keep that unhealthy, food around to tempt you.
- Get back to your regular routine/schedule as quickly as possible. Routines can be calming and extremely helpful when getting back on track. They provide structure and a sense of being in charge of your life. This is very empowering-just what we need when getting back on track.
If you did overindulge this holiday season, chances are it’s not as bad as you think. Be easy on yourself and only look to the future. Here at GOLO, we truly believe in you and support you in your efforts to create a healthier you. If you are struggling to get back on track, please feel free to reach out to us. We are here to help!