If there’s one thing the health fads of the past 20 years have done right, it’s introducing America to alternative forms of protein like soy, right?
The truth is, healthy soy – that is, fermented soy, like in soy sauce or miso – was a Trojan Horse.
Today, we can find unfermented soy and soy by-products in just about all processed food, fast-food, and diet foods, including most meal replacement bars and shakes.
And not only can unfermented parts wreak havoc on your body –including digestive distress, immune system breakdown, and reproductive and sexual problems – but they’ve also been linked to certain cancers and higher risk of heart disease.
“The reason there’s so much soy in America is because they [the soy industry] started to plant soy to extract the oil from it, and soy oil became a very large industry. Once they had as much oil as they did in the food supply they had a lot of soy protein residue left over, and since they can’t feed it to animals, except in small amounts, they had to find another market.”
– Nutritionist Mary Enig, PhD
You see, most of the soy we consume today is the result of a full-scale ‘smoke and mirror’ health campaign… which, not coincidentally, works to increase the profits of foods manufacturers by serving up a cheap by-product.
Here’s a brief look at what’s really in soy, and why you and your family should care:
- Soy naturally contains significant levels of phytoestrogens – compounds that react a lot like estrogen in our bodies, and can contribute to hormone imbalance.
- Soy contains anti-nutrients. Numerous studies have found that these compounds can interfere with the enzymes used to digest protein. That hurts in two ways – first, you won’t be getting proper nutrients out of your food, and second, your body will continue to send hunger signals as it’s starving for protein.
- Soy has many phytates – compounds that bind to metal ions. The problem here is that a number of metals – zinc, iron, calcium, magnesium, and others – are needed by the body. Eating soy blocks the body from using these metals correctly.
- Many other health conditions have been linked to soy including: thyroid disorders, allergies, endometriosis, ADD and ADHD, impaired fertility and immune system, and even certain cancers.
- Most soy is genetically modified, with pesticides inserted into the soy genes. Not only can this disrupt our digestion, by transferring the pesticides into our gut and altering important bacteria that help us digest; but, those pesticides have been shown to stay in our system.
In short, soy has become a cheap food additive, with some expensive side effects.
And we are surrounded by soy. Even our meat – 80% of all soy grown today is used in animal feed.
So how can we avoid the dangers of soy?
The answer is simple – avoid processed food, and know where your natural foods come from. By adhering to a diet based on REAL food – like the GOLO Metabolic Fuel Matrix – you can avoid consuming soy.
Cutting soy out of your diet is one of the best things you can do for your health – to say nothing of the difference it can make for your weight (and it can help there, too).
If you’d like to learn more about a meal system that completely eliminates the dangers of soy – along with introducing a number of other, positive aspects to your life – then take a look at what GOLO can do for you.
Follow this link to find out everything you’ll get with the GOLO 90-day Rescue Kit.
*GOLO comes with a 90-day, 100% money-back guarantee.